Friday, August 17, 2012

Than Lan: A New Friend for you, Alakai!

Than Lan - My Vietnamese Friend and Roommate

This is Than Lan (pronounced Tawn Lawn).
She moved in with me several months back.
Every evening, she makes the same trek across my walls and ceiling.
One night, she posed for me...hanging upside down on the ceiling,
so that I could take her picture and send it to my lovely
3 year-old grandson, Alakai.

Alakai, 
Than Lan lives on top of my dresser.
She goes into my bathroom to drink water,
and she eats all the bugs in my room.
Thanks to her, I have no bugs in my room!
So, now she goes outside to catch her food.

She has funny, fat fingers that she uses to hold on to the ceiling,
so she can hang upside down.

In this picture, she is looking at you and saying,
'Hi Alakai!  I'm your new friend!'

I love you dearly, my sweet grandson!
Nanna

No comments:

Post a Comment