Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Visit from the President

I have finished work on my second major product for HCMA and was relaxing in my sweats watching Pirates of the Caribbean when I got a call from my colleague, Duc.
He was coming over with the President of the University who wanted to meet me in my room?!  15 minutes later, I was dressed professionally again, Pirates was turned off and my work was on the computer screen.
They came by and Duc ushered the president into my room in a very formal way....followed by the most beautiful bouquet of flowers I had ever seen...and huge!
The president very formally offered me the flowers and spoke of his gratitude for my coming to HCMA.  We exchanged some kind words and smiles and then I offered him the only thing I had - some Ghirardelli Chocolate...hardly worth mentioning next to the bouquet!
His parting words were that if I had any problems whatsoever that I should call him personally.Then he left...with me holding a huge bouquet of flowers, honored, excited, worried that I had not said or acted in the appropriate ways to show him honor and thanks and very happy!
I thought only after he left that I should have asked him for a picture.  Oh well, next time.  I do have a pictures of the flowers, however!

9 comments:

  1. I keep trying to send you messages on this ~ but have no idea if you are really getting them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey ~ I think that last one worked....so trying again. It sounds like everything is going sooo good for you, and that it is beautiful there!! So good to hear that the work is exactly what you love to do, and the people kind and generous! The flowers are beautiful, and I think it doesn't get better than the finest chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first message! I did get this one! But, I don't know who sent it?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! This is Sarah....maybe others are having trouble too? I am so challenged at computer things. I am just so happy for you that it is all working out sooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara - I don't know anything about this, so we are all learning together! Perhaps you could join as a member. That way I would know who was talking with me.
    It's great to be in touch with you again!
    This weekend, I may be able to take a few pictures to share. Been really busy up till now. I hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whew, can't see how I join as a member....but will keep trying to figure it out. It is so fun to read your blogg and see that everything is going good for you!! Looking forward to the pictures. I am doing very good, and am happy that you are too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a test by your pal Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hellllooooooo over there! This bouquet is AMAZING!! What an incredible honor!!!!!!! I bet you were so touched. By the way, thanks for your updates on this blog. It is great to have a flavor for your life right now.

    Much Love,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Karen!
    So great to hear from people on here. I feel a bit lost in cyberspace! More posts coming!

    ReplyDelete