Sunday, July 22, 2012

Contemplating Eating

Been thinking lately about eating.  It's been a month now, and my diet stays largely the same every day.  I eat three bowls of soup a day, rice, tofu, some small shrimp, vegys and occasionally meat wrapped in cabbage.  The food is very good and I always have my fill, so I am not complaining.  But, it has set me to thinking.
Why always the same food, for every meal, every day?  In part, this is due to the fact that I'm trying to avoid meat.  In part, it is the food that is available.  Given unrestricted resources, I could venture into the city to buy food in more variety, but unrestricted resources are not a part of this circumstance.
I noticed the last couple of weeks a strange feeling in my stomach.  I am constantly hungry, even after a full meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment