Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thinking Reality into Being

So, today my worst (current) nightmare became reality.

My air conditioner died.
  No more does it's sweet cool breath whisk the deadly heat from my skin.  It's only remaining viable function is to circulate warm, moist air.

I have been dreading this for some time,
   especially since I learned that

I was to be alone on campus for the month of July.

This is how the scenario played out in my imagination....
  The AC worked great until
    everyone was gone,
    the heat and humidity were absolutely unbearable,
    and on the weekend when the few remaining souls were nowhere to be found.

This is how it played out in reality...
  The AC worked great until
    everyone was gone,
    the heat and humidity are absolutely unbearable,
    and on the eve of the weekend when the few remaining souls are nowhere to be found.

Of course, aside from the panic this creates in my already melting body,
  I am pondering with interest that my fantasy materialized
  almost exactly as I had imagined it.

And then, I look back over a lifetime of such experiences...

I imagine it, think it
  and then, it exists.

Even now, I am living out dreams I've carried for many years.
  I'm doing development work in a developing country.
  I'm doing my favorite kind of work on my favorite topic.
  I'm working with an International Nongovernmental Organization
  And, I'm starting a new contract with the United Nations!

And this is just the beginning,
  Coincidence?
  I think not.
  I think, rather, synchronicity and active creation.

Now, I need to start imagining how the AC story ends...
   with a fixed air conditioner and me NOT sick!

No comments:

Post a Comment